Sunday, March 22, 2009

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Last week the navy lost a man in the fleet traveling with my nephew Beau. They literally lost him. It is believed he fell off a small vessel in rough sea. They looked and found a life jacket with no life in it. The jacket had wrong items attached to it. It seems it had been miss attached. It had been inspected by someone (no longer in the Navy) and found to be fine. That person's supervisor (also gone) had also signed off that it was just fine. Half assed pencil whipped work. I hate this. OK, so I am OCD. I know. I am choosing not to be treated for it. I like it. Like I said, "anything worth doing....." I know where and what I have control over. Oh and I pay a huge price for this. I have a brand new shiny ulcer as a result of this life style (I am having it repaired Monday afternoon). I have always hated to clean a room if I don't have everything I want to make that room perfect. I can't afford to do my back yard soooooo, I close the blinds to it. Otherwise I would wrench my hands and eat a brand new hole in my stomach! I hate having to give details for things in instruction. I can't just say "take out the trash", oh no, I have to say "please take out the trash.... thank you.... and also, please clean the can if it needs it, dry the can if you wash it, and please place a new bag in it". Why? dear God. Me: "It's Thursday, did the trash cans go out"? Them: "Most of them"....... Me: MOST of them?! Why? You where there moving them.... you know they all need to be emptied.... Them: "but one of them was not full". My thought, but I do not say it is: "Well then by all means save it up. Don't have them take all of our trash. After all we may need that trash this week........" Me (what I actually say): Again, like I have said before, please, next time take them all out. Full or not". I am sorry, I am venting, I know. I think it is the weeks of sleep deprivation I have faced between ulcer pain and life with selfish young people. I am usually the optimist. Usually happy. Usually resigned to know not everyone thinks like me. After all, I am unique just like everyone one else. Sense I can feel the stink on this post already I will try to close with a positive thought. This week take pride in your work. Do the work of your hands to the best of your ability. There is honor in almost all work (not counting tobacco companies, McDonald's, pharmaceutical companies, & AIG) Do this not for your boss or your customer but for what it teaches you about you .

As always here is a recipe as an offering of myself.
Cobb Sandwich's for 2
4 slices of bread. I like Texas toast bread (thick sliced white) but Italian bread, Sheppard’s bread would work too
1 tbs Mayo
1 tbs Parmesan
1 teaspoon of butter
2 thick slices turkey. Fresh roasted would be great but if you can go to the deli counter and ask for thick sliced turkey. I like ¼ to ½ inch think (slab style) for this. Chopped.
1 avocado cubed up
2 oz of crumbled blue cheese
2 thick slices of bacon chopped
1 green onion diced
2 slices of tomato seeded & diced
1 hard boiled egg sliced
Salt & pepper
Ranch or blue cheese dressing to dip in
**You can substitute the turkey with ham. You can also add more cheese to make it more of a “grilled cheese”. Any cheese you like but Monterrey jack or cheddar or Gouda would both work.
Coat 1 side of all 4 pieces of bread with mayo and dust with Parmesan cheese. This is your crust on this incredible grilled cheese variation. (you will never use butter again for a grilled cheese after to taste what mayo does!). In a small fry pan on med heat melt butter and add turkey, when it starts to get color flip it over, & lay avocado on top and do not stir. We want the Avocado warmed but not really touching the pan. Salt and pepper avocado. Separate in to 2 even piles. In another pan over med heat lay 2 pieces of your bread mayo/Parmesan side down. Add ½ the blue cheese to each bread, add bacon, add green onion, add the turkey/avocado mixture to each bread, add ½ tomatoes, salt and pepper tomatoes, add egg slices, top with other bread (mayo/Parmesan on the outside) and flip over and press together. Cover until bottom browns. (about 2 minutes). Slice in half and serve.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2009 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ok so i feel the same way, when you brush your teeth, pleeeeaaasssee rinse out the sink, is it really to much to ask!! Self-rightous teenagers drive me crazy. Don't even get me started on taking out the trash uggghhh!!! In a perfect world the little shits will do what we say without the "I forgot, or huh??" I am so with you girl, hang in there!! Patty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home