Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A wish for you...........

Bread - that this house may never know hunger. Salt - that life may always have flavor. Wine - that joy and prosperity may reign forever. Wow, is that what wine means? Who know?! I never have really liked much wine but if that is what wine means I am drinking more of it! I want joy and prosperity to reign forever! This week my Meg and I went and saw "It's a Wonderful Life" on the big screen with some of Meg's in-laws. I always get something different from it even though I have seen it more times then I can count I always tear up, and laugh, and get moved at the thought of touching lives even in a small life. What a great film!! After that line I actually did go get a bottle of wine that I do like for me to have around the house to relax with :) And, I received a gift this week of some Boone's Farm (LOL) so I am allll set! To recap on Dallas she is doing ok. The incisions are healed. The stitches are out. She has very little use at this time. No feeling at all in most of the palm of her hand, the pinkie, and the ring finger. Her pointer has always had movement but it is not very fluid and very limited. We know there will be more surgery's and physical therapy but we do not have the details as of now. She is mostly worried about getting caught up with home work and finals! In considering the message of "The Secret", the Universe gave me a trip to Puerto Rico this week. So, I feel I must need it. I went on the Ellen DeGeneres show and received a new camera, set of luggage, a set of head phones, and a all expense trip to Puerto Rico for 2! I am taking Dallas. She can use a brake (excuse the pun) and I think it could be good for us to build good memories. We may have to pack granola bars in order to survive while there but how much do we really need while laying on the beach? I do not mean to sound ungrateful at all. I am writing Ellen a thank you note and I am listening to the Universe and going with it! In a closing thought I have an idea; I want to post a list of "Requests from the Universe" on here. I am hoping that you all will post a reply with your own list here too and as an experiment lets watch the Universe reply to us. Please join me!
My request is as follows:
I need a referral to a product liability lawyer
I would like an autographed book from Paula Dean
I want a book deal for my cookbook
I need an oil change,new brakes and a wiper on my van replaced
Dallas needs clothes. They must be loose on her arm but still cute because she is 15 and this is more important then you can imagine. I am hoping for a few jackets that are big and a few pairs of size 5 jeans that can be buttoned with 1 hand.

And on a side note, if anyone needs or gets a new cell phone from Sprint please type #733 and my cell phone number in 951.662.2786 and give me credit for the referral if no one has referred you and we both get $25.00 off our bill! Also for your home phone I have Vontage (951.247.7070) and love them. It is waaaayyyy cheaper then going through the regular phone company, the service sounds the same, you get everything for 1 price cheep!

And, as always here is another recipe. Enjoy!

Pasta Carbonara

2 teaspoons olive oil
4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
1 head roasted garlic (roasted in a 325 foil pack with a dollop of olive oil and salt for an hour) smashed (or more to taste)
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan (no green can!) (yes, 1 whole cup)
8 large egg yolks room temperature
1/8 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Salt & fresh ground pepper
1 pound pasta
1/2 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, toasted
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
In a large pot heat olive oil and fry pancetta until crisp. Under cook pasta per box directions by 1-2 minutes. To the pot add garlic, cream, cheese, nuts, on med-high heat. Temper egg yolks by adding a little of the warm cream in a bowl with the yolks and mixing well. Once heated and bubbling turn off and then add remaining ingredients, eggs last as not to scramble them. Stir and mix well and then add pasta. This is so good. And yes, I know the eggs are not fully cooked and I do not care and neither will you. You will want to take a bath in this and you will want to purpose to me but I will sadly have to say no.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At December 27, 2007 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things I Laughed At:

1. No green can! One whole cup!
2. I don't care and neither will you.
3. Boone's Farm.

Very nice, Mom. As always.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home