Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dreams, wants, & great sauce,

This month has gone by very quickly. Weston was here for what felt like a day and then he was gone. Like a dream. I was left wondering if he really was here.
I took no pictures. This is not like me and I think it was because I am fighting feeling a bit depressed. I am feeling a bit cornered or like I am waiting for something to happen. I know "something" is coming. Change is in the air. I can smell it. Like how animals sense earthquakes. Something is calling to me in the wind. I can not quite make it out. No clarity yet. Maybe it will come as a business change. Maybe a move. Maybe a new opportunity. Maybe it's my cookbook and what it will bring. I am staying optimistic. I received an award this month for community work. It always feels nice to be recognized. In turn, my boss gave me an award for getting the award... lol.
It is said that forming traditions are an impotent element to healthy-happy family units. And considering we do not celebrate traditional holidays where it seems most have there traditions formed we have had to think out side the norm. Weston and his friends started a tradition years ago that I had never participated in, .... until this year. It is called "No Shave November". It is fairly self explanatory. From November 1 through November 30 there is no shaving. To take the temp away from me I through away my razor head all together! The first week was easy. Showers took a few minutes less. Nothing to noticeable. But, as the month went on it did not stay so easy. At about the 20th I walked into some rebar at my work and cut my leg..... my hairy, hairy leg. I could not show anyone. Had to clean it up in the restroom, in the stall. Away from the first aid kit. Tempting as it was I still did not brake tradition. Dallas tried to join me but would not stop shaving her pits but she broke about 11/22 and wondered into the shower only to come out with shaved legs! Wimp. I started counting down the days the last week. I made it. On December 1st I bought a new raver head and I again can wear a skirt! OK, so now I have done it but as for tradition, I do not know.....
I do have some thing to buzz about. I am what is called a "bzz agent". It is a group that tests new products, and web sites and provides feedback. The main thought behind it is to talk about what we feel, find, or figure out. I tried Ziploc steam bags before they hit the market (loved them!) and also tried Listerine whiten strips ( I liked less) and now I was chosen to try Sonicare flexcare toothbrush! I love this item! It said in the intro it gave you that just from the dentist feel but it actually gives me a better then just from the dentist feeling!! I can't keep my tongue off my teeth! I just love this! It is not cheep but worth every penny. And, to as a Bzz agent I am given coupons for $10.00 off. If any of you might want one please let me know and I will gladly get you one.
As I promised in my last blog I will close with a recipe for my Secret sauce. Enjoy.


Secret sauce
2 28oz cans tomato puree
1 12 oz can tomato paste
1 14.5oz can beef broth ( for vegetarian, use vegetable broth)
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 sweet onion chopped fine
1 head of garlic chopped fine
1/2 a graded carrot
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs Italian seasoning
2 bay leaves
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
½ cup red wine
½ cup Romano/Parmesan cheese mix
1/3 cup EVOO
Salt & Pepper
*Optional additions are mushrooms (added at the same time as the onion), olives, chopped celery, a finely chopped bell pepper.

In a large sauce pan heat olive oil, add onion and saute until it starts to get color. Add garlic until it is soft but do not burn it because it will become bitter. Add red wine next and reduce for about 5 minutes. Add everything else but the parsley & cheese and simmer for 30 minutes. Be generous with salt and pepper. remove bay leaves add add cheese and parsley and turn sauce off. Enjoy!!!

Things I am looking for that maybe someone out there has that they want to give up:
Rosetta Stone Italian program and Greek program
A signed copy of Paula Deans cook book
Any cookbooks you might not want I collect them)
A new water heater
A new garbage disposer
I always welcome hand me down clothes
My home to be paid off
A commercial food processor
New brakes for my van
I am putting it out into the Universe what it is I need and want and the Universe is to answer "your wish is my command"!!!





Click to play First slider
Slideshows, scrapbooks, and ecards | Powered by Smilebox
Make a slide show, scrapbook, or ecard

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 3, 2007 at 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!
Keep these coming I love reading them!

 
At December 3, 2007 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember my password so I have posted it as anonymous but it's from me....JO in England!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home