Sunday, April 6, 2008

What new or not so new...

Hello Friends.
First let me update you on my Dallas. We are meeting with our newest surgeon on 4/17 to sch the next surgery. They are going to take a nerve out of her leg and graft it in her arm in hopes that she will gain some sensation back to her 2 fingers and to the palm of her hand. She is on independent studies because with physical therapy and doctors appointments her Principal felt this would be better. In true white trash fashion I did tell her to practice extending her middle finger and if she could fully extend it she can flip anyone off she wants, including me! Her older Filipino physical therapist thinks we are crazy :) Flynn and Anita took us to LA to meet with a top notch doctor to the stars for a second opinion. While in LA we had a star sighting. It was funny! In a very full elevator in the parking structure going down to the doctors office the elevator stopped an another floor and the doors open and we are facing Rob Reiner! He realizes that the elevator to too full, I, in recognizing him let out a profound "HEY" to which he makes a face as if to say "oh my god.... not anther one....." and he is obviously glad the elevator is full. Genus that I am, oh the impressions I leave.... LOL. Funnier yet, as the doors are closing Dallas says "I know him, that is Dr Phil". We are winners folks... lol. Oh Meathead, I am sorry.
Being a long time single woman I am accused of being a man hater. Let me set the record straight, I am NOT a man hater at all. I am just independent and do not need to be in a relationship. It might be nice with the right person but if that never happens I will travel and maybe live with my kids in my old age. I am picky and want a gentleman. I love when Beau comes on the weekends and does all the driving. He got me a first aid kit for my van. He is very respectful and has a good heart for doing what he thinks is right. How can I ask for or wish for more? And my Weston is sweet and loving and the best dinner date I have had for years! But, I did have a nice meal with real gentlemen that did compare recently. I went to lunch at Benihana to meet a friend. She was late. I don't mind eating alone. I have done it before. I am secure enough in myself. I am social and will talk to others. Well, I was seated with a man and his son who really renewed my belief that there still are gentlemen out there. They where charming. They shared an appetizer with me and shared life stories and we even exchanged info to stay in touch. Friendships are forged anywhere! I wish more men went back to opening doors, flowers, hands in the small of the back. It is not threatening. It is nice. Thoughts of dinner with a real gentlemen is always welcome.
I am still writing the cookbook. I am also still thinking about going into business for myself selling flavored salts and maybe flavored butter. I have been sending out samples of the salts and have come up with a recipe for garlic butter that is amazing if I do say so myself. Look forward to more details of this soon. As always I am leaving you with a recipe. This is very rich and not for every night but this would be great if you where trying to make a special dinner.

Blue Steak Pasta
1 large (about a lb) rib eye (USDA Prime or Choice only)sliced in bite size pieces
4 tbl EVOO
2 tbl butter
1 head garlic chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup cream
small wedge of blue cheese or Gorgonzola crumbled 4-6 oz
1 lb portobello mushrooms sliced
1 sprig thyme
1 cup beef broth
1 lb pasta any shape you like
4 shallots chopped
1 tbl flour
parley
Salt and pepper
Put your pasta water on in a large pot w/lots of water and salt it very heavily. Cook pasta al dente (firm) it is going into the sauce and will continue to cook there. In a large frying pan put 2 tbl butter and 2 of EVOO of high. Salt and pepper the steak and toss it into the pan. Cook until you would like to have it as a steak. I like rare so I cook it for maybe 2 minutes. It will have carry over cooking and will be added back in later for a bit more cooking later. Remove steak on a plate and set aside. Add the shallots, mushrooms, and thyme into the pan and cook until the mushrooms start to soak up the liquid. Add garlic for about 1 minute. Add flour and let it mix with all drippings and let it cook for at least 1-2 minutes until flour mixes and bubbles. Add wine to the pan and deglaze. Let the wine evaporate for about a minute. Add beef broth and bring to a boil and let thicken. Turn down to medium and add blue cheese. Once melted add cream. Taste for salt and pepper. Add steak back in. Add pasta and stir/toss well. Turn off and serve. On the plate finish with a little EVOO and parley.
This is good. Make you want to run around the block good.

I would love feedback so if anything has moved you please let me know!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home